- 1 cup whole, raw, unsalted cashews
- 1 tbsp olive oil or coconut oil
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 inch of fresh turmeric, grated or 1 tsp of dried turmeric powder
- 2 cloves of fresh garlic, crushed
- ½ cauliflower head (350g), chopped coarsely
- 1/3 butternut squash (300g), peeled, seeded and chopped coarsely
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 3 cups of vegetable broth or vegetable stock concentrate
- 1 bay leaf
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. Grind the cashews in a high-speed blender or spice blender into a coarse flour.
2. Wash and prepare, chop and slice vegetables.
3. Heat the oil in a large soup pot. Sauté the onion, turmeric and garlic over medium heat until onions are translucent.
4. Add in the butternut squash, cauliflower and carrots and stir for a few minutes.
5. Add the cashew meal, vegetable stock, and bay leaf to the pot and bring to a boil. Turn down the heat and simmer for 15 minutes or until the vegetables are soft.
6. Using a stick blender (or a regular blender, working in batches), puree the soup. Season with salt and pepper to taste.