Chocolate Cupcakes Goodness
(GF,Nut Free Dairy Free) By Tammy Credicott
These delicious cupcakes are sure to disappear the second you put them out for others to enjoy!
1/4c Millet Flour
1/3c Sorghum Flour
1/3c Teff Flour
1/3c Potato Starch
1/4c Tapioca Starch
¾ tsp. Xanthan gum
1 ½ tsp. baking powder
½ tsp. baking soda
¾ tsp. sea salt
1/3 C organic cocoa powder
¼c non dairy butter (Earth Balance)
3/4c organic evaporated cane juice
½c coconut oil, melted
1 Tbsp. pure vanilla
½ tsp. baking powder (to mix in with applesauce)
1/3 C room temp unsweetened organic applesauce
2/3c warm water
Putting it all together:
1. Whisk together dry ingredients
2. In a stand mixer, cream together butter, evaporated can juice, and coconut oil
3. Add vanilla
4. Mix baking powder with applesauce and add to mixer. Blend until combined
5. Slowly mix in dry ingredients, a little at a time, until incorporated.
6. Add in warm water until the batter is the consistency of traditional cake batter. If it’s too dry, add a little more water.
7. Mix on high for 1 min.
8. Line a muffin pan with cupcake liners. Scoop cake batter into the liners, ¾ full.
9. Bake in a 350 degree oven for 14-15 min or until tops are golden and spring back when touched.
10. Frost with chocolate buttercream frosting (below)
1c nondairy butter (or ½c butter & 1/2c veg shortening)
2 Tbsp pure vanilla extract
1/2c organic cocoa powder
1 lb organic powdered sugar (reserve 1 cup)
1. Blend butter and vanilla
2. Add in cocoa powder mix well
3. Add powdered sugar, a little at a time, until fully incorporated. If too thick, add water, 1 Tbsp. at a time, until desired consistency.