One of the treats I served on Friday included a delicious Paleo cracker. I bet you'll never guess where I found it!! Well...honestly I started making these grain free treats for my dog. Little did I (or the family) know how much we would love them too. Enjoy!
Adapted from Primally Inspired
- ½ cup veggie broth
- ½ cup coconut oil
- 1⅓ cup tapioca flour
- ⅓ cup coconut flour
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast (I use THIS)
- 2 tablespoons flaxseed meal (sometimes called ground flax or milled flax)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a small pot over medium heat, bring the chicken broth and fat/oil to a boil.
- While that is coming to a boil, mix tapioca flour, coconut flour, sea salt, brewers yeast and flax meal in a medium bowl.
- Once the broth/fat mixture comes to a boil, remove from heat and add to the flour bowl. Mix well.
- On a piece of parchment paper, press out the dough into a ¼" thick rectangle. Either cut into squares with a pizza cutter or use cookie cutters in desired shape.
- Bake for 15 minutes on a parchment lined cookie sheet. When the timer goes off, shut off the oven, crack the door and leave in the oven until cool (about 10-15 more minutes)